We are currently on the lookout for a select few photographers who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with the community. If you are interested in applying to become a contributor on the Pictalo Pro blog, please read the details below to see what is expected and how you can contribute to the community.
What kind content do we need?
Our readers are both novice photographers and studio owners, thus the amount of topics open for publication are virtually unlimited. Currently we are in need of tutorials and business related topics like marketing and running a studio. If you are interested in writing about these flics, please contact us immediately.
Feel free to browse some of the content on our blog to get a better idea of the sort of content we publish.
Ways you can contribute
- Articles – This is one of the most basic ways you can contribute to the community, but one of the most consumed types of content on the site. Articles generally need to be at least 1000 words and include photos.
- Reviews – The review section is for reviewing any and all camera gear. From camera bags to books, you can review it all. You must own the equipment to review it.
- Tutorials – Tutorials can cover all sorts of subjects from the obvious thins like Lightroom tutorials, to the less obvious like how to setup a Twitter account. These tutorials can be screen casts or step by step tutorials with photos.
- Videos – Videos can actually be contributed for any of the sections above. We do require video posts to come with at least a 700 word article to accompany them.
- Webinars – We are actively seeking photographers who want to present webinar training sessions exclusively on Pictalo Pro. This is a PAID opportunity and if you are interested, plea contact us immediately.
Here are a few good examples:
- How I Started My Photography Business- ( We pay for posts of this quality. )
- Pricing Guidelines for Photographers – Part 1
How does this work?
If you are accepted or invited to become a contributor, we will provide you with a private login to our WordPress based blog. There you will be able to create your content as you normally would. We will take care of all of the formatting for your post. All you have to do is type up the information and upload the media.
Once your post is ready, you can simply submit it for approval. We will look over it and contact you if we have any suggestions. If we don’t have any, we will add your post to the qque to be published.